Learner Support Services

Transfer Student

A transfer student is one who has attended another regionally accredited college or university.


  • Complete an application for admission, pay the application processing fee.
  • Students must submit no later than 30 days after classes begin. For specific requirements, please visit the Immunization website.
  • Students who are registering for courses that require prerequisites must submit college transcripts to demonstrate the prerequisite has been met. An unofficial transcript is sufficient for prerequisites.
  • Students who plan to earn a credential from NWACC must submit official college transcripts from ALL colleges attended. An official transcript is one that is in a sealed envelope with the Registrar's seal over the flap, when submitted to NWACC.
  • If you have not started your Financial Aid, do so immediately! Click here to apply for Financial Aid.


  • NWACC will accept for transfer only college level credits earned at a regionally accredited college or university and only those courses with earned credit of C or better will be accepted. Students may be required to supply college catalogs with descriptions of courses being transferred from out-of-state institutions.
  • Credits earned at other institutions will not be calculated in the GPA used for graduation at NWACC.
  • Transfer credit will be accepted for only college level courses for which NWACC offers equivalent courses. Transfer courses for which NWACC offers no equivalent courses will be evaluated for possible general elective credit.
  • Credit for work that is remedial in course content will not be granted towards degree requirements.


For questions or comments, please e-mail admissions!