Learner Support Services
First Time College Student
A first time college student is one who has graduated from high school or who has successfully completed the General Education Development test (GED) and has never earned college credit.
- Submit placement test scores (COMPASS OR ACT). To make an appointment to take the COMPASS you can visit our testing website here or watch this how to schedule a COMPASS test video.
- If you have not started your application for Financial Aid, do so immediately! Click here to apply for Financial Aid.
- Students must submit immunizations records no later than 30 days after classes begin. For specific requirements, please visit the Immunization website.
- A complete eight-semester high school transcript or GED test scores are required no later than 30 days after classes begin.
- First time college students will participate in Orientation. Once you have submitted an application and placement test scores, you may register for orientation by logging into "MY NWACC Connection", click the "Resources" tab on the left side of your screen, and click the link "SOAR Orientation".