What is Service Learning?
- Combines academic coursework with community service.
- Provides students with opportunities for structured reflection on their service experience.
- Enhances students' learning; knowledge gained in the classroom can enhance their service in the community
- Integrates classroom theory with practice in the real world.
- Places equal emphasis on service and learning goals
- Equally benefits the student participant and the community partner.
- "a teaching and learning strategy that integrates meaningful community service with instruction and reflection to enrich the learning experience, teach civic responsibility, and strengthen communities." - servicelearning.org