Technical Advancement Placement or Tech Prep
NWACC has agreements with area high schools to accept certain high school courses as college credit at NWACC, under the following parameters.
To receive Tech Prep credit:
- The student must have taken an articulated course(s) while in high school
- The student must have earned an A or a B in the articulated course(s)
- The student must enroll at NWACC within 12 months of high school graduation
- The student may request an application while attending an Orientation Session or at the Student Records office at NWACC
Tech Prep credit to transcript:
- Successfully complete at least one course at NWACC.
- Articulated courses are recorded as CREDIT ONLY courses.
- No letter grade is provided for the course on the NWACC transcript.
- Most Tech Prep credit does NOT transfer to most four-year institutions.
- Tech Prep credit is available to any student who meets the above qualifications.
- It is specifically intended for students pursuing Associate of Applied Science degrees at NWACC.
The list below has the most current NorthWest Arkansas Community College (NWACC) courses articulated with NorthWest Arkansas Education Service Cooperative (NWAESC), for all public high schools located in Benton and Washington counties. High schools with specific courses not articulated through NWAESC are listed individually.
NWAESC Education Cooperative
NTI Secondary Career Center
Rogers and Heritage High Schools
Springdale and Har-Ber High School
PLEASE NOTE: As of Spring 2016, this is the most up-to-date list of Tech Prep articulated courses. These are the only courses available for Tech Prep credit for students who meet the requirements to enroll at NWACC.
Application for the Tech Prep credit
For more Information contact Leslie Hardaway at 479-725-4680.