Visiting Summer Student
A visiting student is one who is taking courses at NWACC only for the summer and transferring their credit to another institution.
- Complete an application for admission, pay the fee and return the application to the Admissions Office.
- Students must submit proof of measles, mumps and rubella, 2 MMR immunizations no later than 30 days after classes begin.
- Students who are registering for courses that require prerequisites must submit college transcripts to demonstrate the prerequisite has been met. An unofficial transcript is sufficient for prerequisites.
- Students applying for financial aid must submit official college transcripts from ALL colleges attended. An official transcript is one that is in a sealed envelope with the Registrar's seal over the flap, when submitted to NWACC.
- NWACC will accept for transfer only college level credits earned at a regionally accredited college or university and only those courses with earned credit of C or better will be accepted. Students may be required to supply college catalogs with descriptions of courses being transferred from out-of-state institutions.
- Credits earned at other institutions will not be calculated in the GPA used for graduation at NWACC.
- Transfer credit will be accepted for only college level courses for which NWACC offers equivalent courses. Transfer courses for which NWACC offers no equivalent courses will be evaluated for possible general elective credit.
- Credit for work that is remedial in course content will not be granted towards degree requirements.
- Students who wish to appeal acceptance of a transfer course may do so by completing an appeal form, which will be reviewed by the Vice President for Learning and the Vice President for Student Services. The decision of the Vice Presidents is final.
For questions/comments on this content, please contact Academic Advising