Academic Advising Center
WE'RE HERE TO Help YOU
It can be hard to figure out what you want to do with your life, and when you throw navigating a college degree plan into the mix, things can get pretty confusing. We are here you determine what college path is best in achieving your education and career goals. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff members are experts in their fields and can give you the guidance you need to be a successful student here at NWACC and beyond.
We offer numerous services to our students to help them succeed, both inside and outside the classroom:
- Degree and academic planning
- Assistance with academic programs, and campus policies/procedures
- Strategies on successfully transferring to complete your bachelors degree
- Information on campus resources to help you earn better grades
Why should I meet with an Advisor?
- Advisors are aware of the many resources available on campus: academic, personal, and professional.
- Advisors can show you how to make sure you are taking the correct courses in the correct order - both for your NWACC degree and for when you transfer if you plan to continue your education after community college.
- Advisors can show you how to monitor your degree progress - so you can take the most relevant courses and those that you find most interesting.
- Advisors can help you transfer - to another college or university to complete your education.
Explore your interests - Are you undecided?
If you are an undeclared student - unsure of what career to pursue or major to declare - we'd love to help you explore your options. Our Career Center can help you explore careers and find a job.
Upcoming Dates and Deadlines
- April 7 - Last day to withdraw from class with "W" (withdraw) on transcript and receive 0% refund (full 16-week classes)
- April 10 - First day to register for Summer and Fall 2017 courses
- May 6-12 - Final Exames for Spring 2017
*View the full Academic Calendar for more dates and deadlines.