Academic Advising Center
WE'RE HERE TO ADVISE YOU
It can be hard to figure out what you want to do with your life, and when you throw navigating a college degree plan into the mix, things can get pretty confusing. We are here to help with that. Our goal at the Academic Advising Center is to help you determine what college path is best for you to achieve your education and career goals. Our friendly staff members are experts in their fields and can give you the guidance you need to be a successful student here at NWACC and beyond.
We offer numerous services to our students to help them succeed, both inside and outside the classroom:
- Degree and academic planning
- Assistance with academic programs, and campus policies/procedures
- Strategies on successfully transferring to complete your bachelors degree
- Information on FREE campus resources to help you earn better grades
Why should I meet with an Advisor?
- Advisors are aware of the many resources available on campus: academic, personal, and professional.
- Advisors can show you how to make sure you are taking the correct courses in the correct order - both for your NWACC degree and for when you transfer if you plan to continue your education after community college.
- Advisors can show you how to monitor your degree progress - so you can take the most relevant courses and those that you find most interesting.
MAJOR UPCOMING DATES AND DEADLINES
- November 4: Last day to withdraw from classes with "W" (withdraw) on transcript and receive 0% refund (full 16wk courses)
- December 9: Last day of Fall 2016 classes
- December 10-16: Final Exams
- January 6 - 31: Financial Aid Book Credits Available
- January 17: First day of full 16wk courses
- January 24: Last day to drop full 16wk courses and receive 100% refund
See Academic Calendar for full list of upcoming dates and deadlines.