| Course Reserves|
The Library's Course Reserves service allows faculty and instructors to make recommended or required course materials in a variety of formats available to their students. Textbooks may be available if provided by the instructor.
These materials are held at the reference desk with limited checkout times to allow all students in a particular course to share the materials equitably.
Reserves Information for Students
Does the Library have reserves for my class?
Visit the Library Catalog's course reserves module. If your class is listed, click the course name to see items available on reserve. You can also check with your instructor or a Library staff member to find out whether a reserve is being held for your class.
How do I check out a course reserve?
Bring your NWACC student ID card to the Library's reference desk, where reserve materials are held. Because of high demand, you may check out only one reserve item at a time.
How long can I keep a reserve item?
- Most reserve items are Library-use only, meaning they cannot leave the Library.
- Some course reserves may have a checkout period of 2 to 7 days.
- Library staff can tell you how long you may keep the item and whether it can be taken out of the Library.
- Viewing/listening equipment is available in the Library for DVD, CD, or VHS formats.
- Coin-operated photocopiers are available in the Library at a cost of $.10 per page.
Where do I return reserve items?
All reserves must be returned to the Reference Desk.
What happens if I forget to return or lose a reserve item?
Students expect reserve items to be on the shelf when they are supposed to be so they can use them. It is very important that you do not lose or forget to return course reserves since these materials are needed by other members of your class.
- Course reserves designated as Library-use only must not be taken from the Library. These items check out for two hours.
- All overdue course reserve items are charged a fine of $2.00/day up to two weeks (14 calendar days). After that, the cost of the item (minimum $35.00) will be charged to the student's Library account. At this time, the Library will take steps to replace the item. Whether or not the item is returned, the replacement cost must be paid.
- A hold will be placed on the student's Library account, barring him/her from borrowing other materials until the fine is paid.
- A hold will be placed on the student’s Banner account, making it impossible to receive grades, transcripts, or graduate until the fine is paid.
- Depending on the item’s replacement cost, unpaid fines may be reported to a collection agency.
Can I place a reserve item on hold?
- Reserve items available for 2 and 7 day checkout may be placed on hold. Items designated as Library-use only cannot be held.
- Place a hold on the item in the Library's catalog by conducting a search for the item, clicking Place Hold, and logging into your account using your NWACC email prefix and ID number. Once logged in, confirm your selection by clicking Place Hold.
- Or, you can call the Library at 479-619-4244 or email email@example.com to place the hold.
- Have your student ID number available when you place the hold and bring your NWACC Student ID card with you when you come to check out the item.
- You will receive an email notification at your @nwacc.edu address when the item becomes available. The Library will hold it until closing of the following business day. You may request a longer hold time by contacting the Library.