The Associate of Applied Science degree in Health Information Management will prepare you to:
- Function as health information technicians in health record services located in hospitals, nursing homes, ambulatory care facilities, physician offices, insurance offices, government agencies, and other facilities utilizing health records.
- Analyze and evaluate health records and reports
- Compile, interpret, and utilize hospital and health care statistics
- Assist with medical facility committee procedures
- Release confidential information in accordance with legal requirements
- Abstract and retrieve medical information
Students in the curriculum are required to earn a grade of C or better in each health information management course before being allowed to proceed to the next course. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will receive an A.A.S. and will be eligible to apply to take the accreditation examination given by the American Health Information Management Association.