The Associate of Applied Science in Respiratory Therapy degree will prepare you to:
- Administer therapeutic medical gases.
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Provide appropriate mechanical assistance to support respiration when necessary.
- Administer drugs that are given through inhalation procedures.
- Maintain all equipment used in respiratory support.
- Perform diagnostic pulmonary function testing and blood-gas analysis.
- Exercise judgment and accept responsibility in therapeutic procedures based on observation of patient
and knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology
and clinical medicine.