Welcome to the Career Services Center!
"Building a career is like mining for gold. You have to keep chipping away until you
discover what you're meant to do."
~ Dan Schawbel
With so many occupational choices these days, it's normal and natural to feel overwhelmed, nervous, and/or scared when it comes to trying to figure out which career to pursue. The best plan of action is to get help from the Career Services Center early during your academic journey. An experienced Career Services Coordinator is available to meet with students and alumni members regarding choosing a major/degree program, career exploration, and internship and job searches. Our primary goal is to connect students and alumni members to valuable resources necessary to prepare them with starting their career as well as to be successful in the workplace. By partnering with the Career Services Coordinator, you benefit from personalized guidance on setting and maintaining academic and career goals, gaining self and industry awareness, establishing strong career networks, and making informed and fulfilling decisions.
No matter where you are in the major/career search process, we encourage you to dedicate time to meet with the Career Services Coordinator to fully utilize all resources in maximizing your opportunities as soon as possible to be successful.
With this in mind, the services we provide are:
· Individual assistance with cover letters, resumes, and practice interviews;
· Access to the Virtual Career Center, an online job portal;
· Workshops about various topics such as dress for success, interviewing, creating a
successful LinkedIn profile, etc.
· Monthly internships/employment recruiting events;
· Annual Majors/Career Fairs;
· Personal guidance with major/career exploration;
· One-on-one career coaching– Job Readiness Certification opportunity;
· Administering skills/interest assessments such as the Kuder, MBTI, etc.; and
· Personalized assistance with your specific education plan.
Please also join us on our very own NWACC Career Services Center LinkedIn Group for the latest
updates and discussions.
EXPLORE JOBS / CAREERS
Office Hours: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Friday
Becky Paneitz Student Center, Suite 235, One College Drive Bentonville, AR 72712
For questions/comments on this content, please contact NWACC Career Services.