First-Time College Student
Once you have completed your application and started your FAFSA, you are ready to begin the Enrollment Checklist.
Visit myNWACC Connection once accepted to familiarize yourself with your student account. Please check your official NWACC email regularly.
Submit the following documents to the Office of Student Records by the deadline date.
- ACT or COMPASS placement exam scores (scores should be no more than 5 years old), or take COMPASS exam at the NWACC Testing Center ($10 fee).*
- Final High School Transcript (with 2 out of 3 of the following: 8 semesters of courses, a counselor's signature, or a graduation date) or official General Education Development (GED) assessment scores.
- Proof of 2 Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) immunizations for all applicants born after January 1, 1957. Some foreign-born students may be required to submit tuberculosis screening.
Complete New Student Orientation, where you will meet an Advisor and register for classes. More information is available here.
Complete Prior to Semester:
- Obtain your Student ID and Parking Permit at the Student Information Center (SIC) located in the first floor lobby of the Becky Paneitz Student Center (Main Campus).
- Purchase your Textbooks and Class Supplies at the NWACC Campus Bookstore.
* All students who have not yet completed a college level math course and whose ACT Math score of 17 or below, will need to take the math portion of the COMPASS. Students testing below 19 on the Reading and/or Writing portions of the ACT are encouraged to retake the COMPASS test to see if their score has changed or can be improved.