- State law requires a placement test that demonstrates academic preparedness in reading, writing and math. NWACC accepts ACT, COMPASS, or Accuplacer.
- All placement exam scores for initial course placement must be less than 5 years old. If you have never taken a placement test or your scores are past the expiration time frame, you may take the Accuplacer exam at the NWACC Testing Center ($10 fee). COMPASS testing will be offered on a limited basis through Nov. 18, 2016.
- The Accuplacer is a self-paced computerized exam offered on the Bentonville campus only. Accuplacer has a free mobile study app that can be downloaded to your devices. There are online study guides/practice tests available also. It is highly advisable that you refresh your skills before taking this placement test.
- Appointments are not required for the Accuplacer exam. Hours for taking the exam are Mondays through Thursdays 8:30 am-8:00 pm (last test seated at 5:00 pm) and Fridays 9:00 am – 1:00 pm (last test seated at 11:00 am)
The Accuplacer exam is not offered on Saturdays.
- Always see the Student Information Desk or the Student Records office followed by the Treasurer's window to pay the $10 fee prior to testing. Bring the receipt and a photo ID to the Testing Center.
- Once you have completed the entire placement test, you are ready to schedule your orientation
and/or meet with an advisor.
- Accuplacer Placement Chart- Score requirements for NWACC courses are listed on this chart.
- For students needing accommodations, please contact the DRC before testing.
Need a copy of your Compass Scores?
Fill out this Score Release Form and fax it to Student Records at 479-619-2229
or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure to sign, complete all information, and under requested information check "other" and write COMPASS or Accuplacer score.
Questions or comments about the web site? Please contact: Testing Center